I am having a hard time getting motivated today. I think I'm pretty burnt out. Friday was a great day at clinical, and I only have one more day at the clinic that kicks my ass so that's good. I have one quiz tomorrow that I refuse to get stressed out about. I have 3 studies to write reviews for and 5 pages to write.
I checked out the firehouse across the street that's selling for 1.5 million and it's not perfect although the garage has awesome wood floors that creak in a satisfying way and the lower level has amazing light and spaces with a lot of character. Not to mention a gorgeous fireplace and loads of room.
We bought a little christmas tree today. And thinking about the ornaments made me sad because we always put the little Kaia ornament on top and she's not here. We are starting to re arrange furniture. We are starting to accept Kaia's absence. Stacey's been putting together a photo album of Kaia pictures though and it's really comforting to look at. Reminds me of all the good times we've had together and made me feel like she's not totally absent from our lives. This is going to be the first christmas that Stacey and I have been together without Kaia.
The broncos won the football game today quite decisively. I wonder if they'll make a go of the playoffs this year. I wonder what 2010 will hold? I wonder if the job offer I got last week will still stand. I wonder where my career will take me after graduation. I am grateful to Stacey and for the friends who've made our lives better and continue to make our lives better each day. I am grateful to have a relationship with my parents again. I am grateful to have a new place where we can have visitors. I am happy to be alive. I guess maybe the lack of motivation is coming from the intrinsic satisfaction I feel right now. I have been putting this off all day. Here I come thyroid disease. Get ready.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment