there I said it and it's true. Granted it took samplings from 6 bottles of wine to arrive at that conclusion but those samplings were tempered with artichoke dip, bread, crackers, Irish cheddar cheese, grapes and Spanish pears and I'll tell you what Adults are Imaginary--- but friends are the only tangible thing on this earth that hold you together and wine is the elixir that brings them out in the city of St. Francis.
I miss my writing group and I am so thankful to have stumbled into another gathering of wine drinking women who get it and have each others backs. Where is the love? Well some of its on the East Coast kicking it at the bars I used to troll as an undergrad---- all the best to you Bri! And some is at home snuggling up to me, and some is in her little crate hating me a little right now, but a lot of its still out there yet to be tapped, and the wine tasting group is a great fucking excuse to leave ye olde house and figure shit out.
I can be the passive dude whisperer--- I can be the anarchist nursey--- I can be the missing lyricist of 80s pop songs--- and the Vanilla Ice Ice Baby back up dancer. I am all of these things.
Thank God for spring break when I have time to remember that I am the sum of all my parts--- I don't need to take stock. I have seen it all, and there' s much more to see and feel. I get it. I have shit to say for real. I am here goddamnit. I am not a goddamn professional student I am much much more. I am much more real than that.
Saturday, March 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment