Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Killers, The Departed, Anusara Yoga

These are a few of my favorite things. Anusara Yoga was dark tonight but it was fun, and it made me feel connected in a way that Nursing school and working on my resume don't.

I'm also obsessed with the film the Departed. I watched it back to back last night. The credits rolled and I went back to the Menu and pressed play again. I'm reluctant to take it back. The guy at the video store told me it was this good. But I didn't expect to like it. Something about the way the Bostonites bandy around the phrase Fuck Yourself! And something to do with Jack Nicholson and Matt Damon, even Leonardo DiCaprio (I haven't liked him this much since What's Eating Gilbert Grape.)

I have a whole new respect for Martin Scorcese. So long as I don't have to hear his voice. He always disappoints me because I want him to be Eugene Levy.

But the following dialogue:

-Fuck Yourself.
-Nah, I'm tired from fucking your mother.
-How's your ma?
-She's good--- she's tired from fucking my father.

-Maybe we do. Maybe we don't. Fuck yourself.

What can I say? I love it.

There is a difference between pain and sensation our instructor says. Pain is injury. Sensation let's you know you're still here.

Do you feel that stretch? I laugh in discomfort.

Fuck yourself.

No comments: