I look better with short hair. IMHO I look best with a faux hawk. I know I will have to comb it down for the hospital but it's been so nice not to have a fucking pony tail! I mean for real. I am writing this down so that I will remember it the next time I decide to grow it out.
What else? As a community health nurse I've had to adopt some subterfuge--- this morning I intercepted one 93 year old en route to the doctor--- she was supposed to meet me at the community center. No phone call, nothing. Luckilly I saw said 93 year old's BFF, another 90* African American woman who don't take no mess. The informant filled me in and I was able to jog over to the PT's house with paper's for the doc to sign. The PT was wearing a fashionable white cap that easilly could have been in my collection. She tucked the papers in her purse and assured me she would have the doctor sign them. Who can really say if she will though. The 93 year old is very independent and prefers bingo/The Giants, to nurseys. Secretly I too prefer Bingo and the Giants to chasing after her. But her BFF is hillarious. Today during an inservice at the community center her BFF leaned over to me and said "Forgive me I have no taste buds, and no sense of smell so if I stink I don't know it.
Last week the BFF told another lady to Shut up when the lady interrupted her in the middle of announcing Bon Appetit before lunch. Maybe the BFF would like a nurse? I dunno. The 93 year old's a little too good at ditching me.
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment