Sunday, April 8, 2007

Socially Awkward Jesus

So today was Easter in San Francisco--- so Stace and I took Kaia to the park for the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence and a taste of Spring. It was a fantastic day--- we bumped into Matt sans Dr. Phil and wearing a fetching linen jacket with jeans and sandals.

I adore Matt, and was excited to make up for the seder debacle in which I flaked due to upset stomach and the need for solitude. There were musings about Easter and the various costumes. There was a hunky Jesus contest and a bonnet contest. There was sun blazing down and falafel sammies from Ali Babas and I remembered why I love San Francisco and buying a 2 bedroom apt for a half a million dollars doesn't seem entirely insane although it's completely out of reach.

On Good Friday I got an amazing job offer, and on Easter Sunday I fell in love all over again with the city and soaked in all the blessings around me. Matt decided that next year he would enter the contest as Socially Awkward Jesus.

No comments: