Thursday, May 29, 2008

Listening to Nancy Pellosi

Over Memorial Day weekend I did a lot of praying. I did a lot of re connecting and thinking about nothing at all. I watched a sculptor on Hayes Green put together a giant hand--- watched him build the frame from supplies he'd brought with him in a shopping cart. Watched with curiosity as he pulled random items from a giant gym bag and put them together. Watched as he thought about each piece as he went and admired the colorful tattoos on his arms. The way that he crouched on the ground the way that the larger sculpture he was working beneath was posed. I noticed all the birds in the bushes and the flowers growing.

Yesterday I walked home on break and took a shower, made myself a tuna melt and walked Kaia. I went back to school feeling re energized. I found out about a job I might be able to transfer to that would be really interesting and much more manageable with school.

I've been planning the wedding with Stacy and both of our parents are 100% supportive. I feel like my life is taking a whole new direction, its getting broader and more beautiful. It's opening up again finally.

And right now I'm listening to Nancy Pellosi who I saw at Ms graduation in 2002 just 3 mos before Stacey and I became friends and my life completely changed trajectory. My mission for summer is to do something creative.

Blessings are coming to us from all directions.

No comments: