Saturday, March 21, 2009

story telling

The closest I've come to telling stories in a long time is the past 2 papers I've written pure fiction supported by research of course but I've made up dialogue and situations and of course full histories. This is part of the process the writing of hypotheses etc... This is what I like. But when it comes down to basic storytelling to watching and writing, or just sitting down to write I don't know if that's something you can lose but that's certainly something I feel that I've lost. Guess I just need to practice.

Great dialogue my psych professor wrote. I see a future for you in writing creative non fiction. I have been wanting to hear that since I went to grad school. Maybe I should have been more persistent about going for an MFA, but it just seemed extraneous. It really seemed like something I would never use, but the idea of writing creatively for 2 years, of just focusing on that and reading exceptional fiction is not without its allure. And I do love Narrative Medicine. I really do.

Whatevs. Life is beautiful. And the background I am getting is certainly giving me much more experience with people and how they live, and why they live the way they do.

No comments: