Sunday, May 3, 2009

good day

Breakfast burritos at St. Francis diner hit the spot. I'm feeling overwhelmed by what I have left to organize, but I'll get there. Stacey just combed like a bag full of hair off the dog. Tomorrow is the 3rd smoking cessation class. This whole process has been really interesting. I feel like I'm quite on top of it in some ways and not at all on top of it in others.

But what I'm realizing is it's not really in our control its more complex than that. It's sad and human and that makes it a process we watch and comment on. We can make suggestions, but ultimately it's up to these individuals to make some serious behavioral adjustments and as someone who has been trying to give up sugar this past week I can tell you that change is a bitch, and sugar is a fucking temptress. Holy shit.

With that said there are still things to be greatful for. Short clinicals tomorrow. Trader Joe's nearby. Nice people who believe in and mentor me and great friends. Also the antibiotics are working on Kaia's swollen middle toe and she is walking and running and maneuvering the stairs more like the youthful enrgetic dog she is.

No comments: