Thursday, January 15, 2009

No clue

So I applied for a job at this great non profit that I am really hoping I get. My clinical rotation with Phil fell through, but I think it's the right thing at the right time. The clinical coordinator is really trying to get me a substance abuse rotation and I am hopeful. It kind of sucks right now because I know I have to meet with my advisor and she's not going to be happy that I started clinical late but life happens and I'm 32 and I refuse to be intimidated by this woman despite her Pai Mei approach to nursing. Fuck. I wish I had transferred to psych.

The good news is this smoking cessation group is really going to give me an opportunity to work with a lot of people tied to Substance Abuse treatment and smoking cessation. A doc came to talk with us yesterday and he was talking about RNs working as health coaches to promote preventive health strategies with patients and it sounded dreamy. If there are no NP jobs when I graduate I'm hoping to land something like that.

No comments: