This is the quarter where I make up my mind and the game changes on me. This is the quarter where everything's smooth and then everything's crazy. This is where it all comes together and then comes apart. I got the interview at Larkin Street on Friday and I swear I checked the schedule to make sure I had Tuesday mornings free, but I missed that next quarter I don't. So I emailed the prof. I am hoping she will work with me on it if she doesn't then I'll have to tell the Larkin Street and see what they think--- that's if I get the job.
I am kind of ambivalent about it. On one hand I really think it would be fantastic experience on the other I kind of had everything else planned out without it. I also just finished telling my former boss at the hospital that I just wanted to focus on academics for here on out. So I feel like a phoney. But at the time it was true. We still have a Christmas wreath up on the wall. I noticed it when I was hanging my drawings.
Mom and I are getting to be very close friends again and I'm very grateful for that. She told me when I was in junior high I had a teacher who kept calling me Una and I started calling her Mrs. Magoo because her name was Mcgee. Apparently they had a parent teacher meeting about it and my mom stood up for me. Apparently the teacher started calling me Ona after I started the Magoo thing.
Is it any wonder I get along so well with teenagers?
Today I turned our bathroom into a kiva. I burnt some sage. I lit a couple candles. I put on the buddhist meditation bowl CD and I made some hot tea and drew a steaming hot bath. Then I turned off the lights and reveled in the darkness and thanked God for everything for guiding me to this moment in my life. Then 2 hours later the lady from Larkin Street called.
I am kind of blown away. I really wanted to work with these kids and now I am hoping I am what they need and I will be able to do what they require. Failing these kids is not an option. I need to understand what they need and figure out if I'm it. If I'm not then I definitely won't take the job.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment