Monday, February 8, 2010

Today is Stacey's birthday and I am doing my damnedest to be the best wife I can

I am studying my ass off so I will be successful on Wed. I am focusing my energy on what I can do to be a better person. And I am loving her with my whole heart.

Further, I am taking steps to ensure that I will no longer be harassed by my advisor. Whatever her reasons may be I am no longer going to be subject to the whims of her anger and inappropriate behavior.

I am proud of myself for reporting her to the administration and I must accept that it is out of my hands for now. They will investigate and arrive at their own conclusions but I will be free from her inappropriate behavior and intimidation tactics. I have not worked this hard to be verbally and emotionally abused in grad school. And I do not want to work for a university which does not hold its professors accountable for their inappropriate behavior. I certainly have a lot to lose but I would have lost infinitely more if I had allowed this woman to do further damage to my academic career. I had to take action and I will accept the consequences for filing a complaint which is entirely valid.

No comments: