Throughout my life as an out lesbian I have had many trials and tribulations which I've negotiated oddly enough via the Gay Irish Guard. Carlos R Hailley escorted me through awkward parties with the ex and made sure I extricated myself before making a jackass out of myself. Usually following up with me the next day for mimosas and trashing of said ex. Beautiful finito.
After college the sublime Brian with sidekick Michael helped me negotiate the horrible Halloween ball attended by Sarah O and similarly gave me an out when I needed one.
In San Francisco Tristan took the reigns. Ever ready with a bottle of yeager for any party, and up for dancing any night of the week. He helped me move into my studio in Chinatown after my breakup with BM. He then took me camping at some mineral springs with a gang of boys from college and I spent the next three days naked, noticing that naked guys aren't that repulsive and feeling like I was 5 yo again.
It was Tristan I called when I was trapped at Stacey's brothers wedding and her aunt walked in dressed like Dame Edna.
It was Brian that I ran away to Ireland to see for 2 weeks when I had no idea what to do with my life but felt it was surely time to drink Guiness and get out of the US.
Last night I found myself staring at the ceiling missing my boys--- the irish guardsmen that have kept me afloat and been there at various turning points in my life. Will I be able to manage the Dirzuweits unscathed without them?
I think so. But there certainly won't be as much panache about it, as much drama, as much boyish come upppance served up on a platter.
I do have 2 secret weapons an Englishman--- a hillarious Englishman. And one sister of perpetual indulgence.
Fortunately there will also be a number of social workers, psychologists and nurses in attendance.
Everything will be fine.
You will be missed though.
I understand that you are all out of the country and all for good reason, but holy shit batman the jokers are coming and I'm a lover not a fighter.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yo Sistah Ona... Love ya! Not much else to add really, soooo sad to miss your upcoming festivities. And how I'd love to be there. I'll be there in spirit... and I'll find some aero bars and munch away and celebrate from afar. And you can knock on my door in South Africa any time, or anywhere else in the world where you find me.
You know I'm coming to see you. And I'll be bringing the craziness with me. Actually I think its going to be really fun and I wish you were there for cupcakes and sushi =) and gay boyus
Post a Comment