Thursday, August 14, 2008

How Doctor's Think

So, I just bought this book and its amazing. I probably shouldn't have taken it to therapy. I am really not trying to see into my shrink's head. I'm just trying to be a better clinician. And because I am trying to understand what makes you good. This book suggests its communication and creativity, and learning from your mistakes. That when you learn from mistakes and experience it makes you better, its not just formulaic.

This book is making going back to school much more appealing. Its making me feel like being good at this is not at all simplistic. This isn't bookkeeping, or collections. This is much more interesting. I look forward to using this new approach with patients and I am going to try to keep this in mind and close to my heart as I am working with it. Because it doesn't seem to jive very well with the evidence base algorhythms they are pushing so hard.

No comments: