Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ocean Aquarium

I met a hero today. His name is Justin and he owns this little hole in the wall (seriously a hole in the wall) on Cedar St. in SF called the Ocean Aquarium. The place has no frills what it does have is a hundred tanks of happy freshwater fish. Why do I love him. 1) he has a comicbook guy pony tail; 2) he knows his stuff; 3) he's amazing. I've never seen tanks like this before. They are filled with freshwater plants and sandy bottoms. The fish really look wide eyed and festive like they are aware of the world around them. Like they want you to feed them blood worms and talk to them. Like they are anticipating a fresh leaf of lettuce to work on.

We just pulled Rochambo out of the tank and put him in a nice green bowl so that we could pour in the sand and put a fresh water plant inside. Its like a foggy underwater scene right now. We are titrating the pH of Rochambo's three new buddies. I want to call them the Wu Tang Clan. One lucky fish will be Old Dirty Bastard. The other 2 are Method Man and Raekwon.
Justin said if you take good care of your fish they'll live 15 or 20 years. I'm hoping they'll make it that long. Its kind of hard to get my hopes up too much though because Rochambo is the last of the quartet we bought from Petco before the wedding. But these fish are different. Justin gave them a good start.I'm hoping that he will get a big boost with the Wu Tang clan and his new decorative plant and bacteria friendly sandy floor.

I finally get why people get fish now.

Now I just need to get some plane tickets to Denver to go check on Mom and Dad and play with the puppies their dogs are having labor day weekend.

Life is good, kind of sad right now, but definitely going to get through this. I've got a lot more living to do =)

Also I finally found out where my clinical will be and it turns out I'm going to be working with Teenagers from Job Corps. I'm so excited! I love teenagers and best of all this rotation should have very little to do with women's health.

My Wu Tang Name according to the generator is Insane Diamonds

You can find out what your WU Tang Name is at
http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/2433/

No comments: